Thursday, December 26, 2019

Cleveland rocks..and so do these cards

Last month, Bru of his self-titled blog decided to purchase one of the 2019 MLB All-Star Game stamped Topps factory sets. Only wanting his own team, he offered up team sets at a very generous price, and I snagged the Yanks.

It wasn't something I needed, but thought it'd be cool to have and keep the set intact.

The set looks the same as a base Topps card, but with a foil ASG logo on it. I have fond memories of Cleveland hosting the All-Star Game. In 1997 at Jacobs Field, Tino won the HR Derby and made the start at 1B. 22 years later, the Midsummer Classic was once again the home for the game.

Here's what the cards looked like:
I wish the main Cleveland ASG logo was used on these, as I thought it was really good. Better than how the NBA has gone to a templated system. The space was probably too small.
Image result for cleveland mlb all-star game logo
Bru also sent some extras, including cards that confused me at first. Turns out, these are 2019 Topps Stickers. And even more confusing, there are card backs that are also cards. I don't know. This is something that the 1990s would have done.
Confusion aside, I thought the sticker designs were really nice, and appreciate that they are standard card size versus the tiny ones. I hadn't seen these at all, so really appreciate Bru sending them along!

2 comments:

  1. I still need to grab the 2019 sticker of Cutch. I had no idea that it was standard size

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize the All-Star sets had a special stamp. Ugh. Another Tatis I need to track down.

    ReplyDelete