Monday, June 15, 2020

100 TCDB Trades!

In somewhat of a mind-boggling feat, I have surpassed the 100-trade mark on The Trading Card Database.

That's a lot of stamps, considering all but one or two were PWE swaps.

For the most part, I'd say Gleyber Torres has been the subject of most incoming trades. While I would prefer to mostly grow my Tino collection, I do need something on my waitlist for trade partners. So I added every Gleyber card I didn't have. And now I'm up to well over 100 cards of the young star.

However, it hasn't all been Gleyber. I have probably managed to get about 30 new Tinos or so. 

My trade activity picks up most when I am able to add newer cards for trade. For example, I recently added some 2020 Donruss yellow, as well as some 2020 Bowman. Once you do that, others get alerts that waitlist cards have been added, so trades come in more frequently.

However, it was only fitting that trade #100 brought in a new Tino, and I'm now down to needing just 6 to hit the 1,000 mark.
This card is from 1999 SP Authentic, a perfectly uninspiring set that doesn't find it's way into trade packages or eBay listings. That's there the TCDB really comes in handy. I flipped two Red Sox prospect cards from 2020 Bowman for this Tino, as well as a 2020 Chrome Clarke Schmidt. Two cards for cards. That's why TCDB is awesome.

While trades on the blogs have certainly died down, it's nice to have an influx of cards coming in while getting rid of ones I don't need.


4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Always nice to see people hit a milestone number. I'm slowly getting there to 200, someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm just hoping to get to trade #1 sometime this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting one step closer to 1000... and reaching the 100th trade milestone on TCDB.

    ReplyDelete