Friday, September 14, 2012

My first Gary Sanchez jersey card




This is my first jersey card of Gary Sanchez, the Yankees next great catching prospect. It’s from 2012 Onyx Platinum Propsects. I have no clue what this brand is. I have no clue how to pronounce the word “Onyx”.

With that being said, this is a decent-looking card. I really wish the jersey swatch was a different color than the background. I have no clue what part of the jersey this is from. The back is decent, including some stats and the obligatory “Congratulations” message, as well as the vague description of there the jersey came from. It’s numbered to 500.

As a 19-year-old splitting time between low A and high A ball, he had a damn fine season.He hit .290 with 18 HRs and 85 RBIs. He did strike out 105 times in 116 games vs. just 32 walks. He did chip in 29 doubles, and a most surprising 15 SBs.

Based on his offensive stats and defensive improvement, Sanchez will be a Top 25ish prospect going into the 2013 season. I hope the Yanks hold onto this one.

1 comment: