Friday, October 19, 2018

Strut my stuff, my stuff is so...SHINY

Easily, my favorite song in Disney's Moana is Shiny, written by Lin-Manuel Miranda and performed by Jermaine Clement. It's got some very humorous lyrics and is super catchy. It's definitely an underrated part of the movie.


Plus, that's one hilarious looking crab.

I can't help but hear the song in my head every time a new shiny card arrives. I literally sing "shiny" to myself in the crab voice. It's weird, but I do.

So when I received these cards from whatever Panini set this is (Chronicles I think?), I couldn't help but have this song on repeat in my head.

I saw a few bloggers post cards from this set, and it's extremely confusing to me. I think they are all base cards from various past designs? I'm honestly not sure how it works, but I think some of the cards look really nice, plus with some nods to some past Pacific names, makes for appealing trade targets for me. Luckily, Paul of Scribbled Ink was down to trade a few to me.

The two SHINIEST cards were from the Revolution portion of the set and have a very nice glow to them.
These were more of a Chrome versus a shiny, but I still needed 'em. I think I'm at the point now where Panini should retired Crusades since they'll never match 1998.
Back to SHINY! I mentioned in a Twitter post, but I think the Chrome 1983 anniversaries are the nice cards this year. They look awesome.

More shiny from Ma-shine-iro Shine-aka. See what I did there?
And maybe not shiny, but I'll take any card of this guy I can get.
Thanks for the great cards, Paul!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moana is such an awesome movie. I considered using the lead actress for my monthly event, but realized she's not old enough to vote yet. There's always next year...

    Chronicles is basically a sampler platter for all the product that Panini makes for football and basketball. I really like the set and all the inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that one of these days the card companies make a parallel so bright that you'd need sunglasses on to keep yourself from going blind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen Moana yet... but I've listened to How Far I Go about 100 times. My students were really into it a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete