Friday, October 26, 2018

The Last of the Nows

With the two Topps NOW cards recently arriving, that's likely the last of them for this season. I say "likely" because perhaps there will be one for any interesting post-season awards, like if Miguel Andujar somehow beats out Ohtani for AL ROY.

Regardless, it's two good ones, so let's see what I got.
Luuuuuuke. The first is of Yankees out-of-nowhere sensation Luke Voit. I was glad to see him get a Yankees card, although this one is a team card, so technically not of him. I also thought his Topps NOW would be his RC, but it turns out he had a card in 2017 Update with the Cardinals. Rats!

It's a great shot of him being enthusiastic after one of his many homers this past September.
The back of the card lists out all 12 players who hit 10 or more homers for the Yankees in 2018, a new MLB record.
The next Topps NOW is the first official card of Justus Sheffield as a Big Leaguer, chronicling his ML Debut. I guess it's not technically a RC because he hasn't been featured in a base set yet. What a dumb rule. This is a card of him on an MLB mound in a regular season MLB game. It should be a rookie card, especially if he's not going to make it in any 2018 products.

Regardless, it was another fun year of buying Topps Now cards. I didn't buy as many as I did in 2016 and 2017, but still came away with some good ones.

2 comments:

  1. As much as I dislike the Yankees... I've gotta admit that Voit card back is fantastic! Seeing all of those guys with all of those home runs is straight up impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so bummed that Topps Now didn't start until 2016. The Pirates had some really cool moments that would have been fun to get the Now treatment in 2013 to 2015.

    ReplyDelete