Thursday, May 2, 2019

Three I needed? I'll take it

As anyone who has a large player collection knows, it's hard to get a big lot of cards and find ones you've needed. I've bought large lots on eBay just hoping for one or two I needed.
Other bloggers are always well-intentioned and include cards of one's favorite player in trade packages, although in most instances it ends up being a dupe. I just sent PK Steinberg about 1,000 Kruks, and I'm sure he had them all.

Earlier this week, John of Johnny's Trading Spot sent me two team bags of Tino Martinez cards.  I certainly appreciated the package, and John included a note hoping that I might find a few I needed, knowing most would likely be dupes.

Well, I found three! I'd call that a success.
They were all from 2003 while Tino was with the Cardinals. Admittedly my Tino collection is a bit light from 2002-2004 while he was a Cardinal and Ray. I just haven't been too diligent with those years, but always willing to add them to my collection.

John, thanks for thinking of me, and for adding three new Tinos to my collection!

5 comments:

  1. I know what you're talking about. About 10 years ago, when I was starting to rebuild my Gwynn and Maddux PC's from the floor up... I was buying huge lots. I eventually stopped though when I started only get five or six cards I needed for my collection. Luckily over the years I've been able to pass along my dupes since a lot of people collect Gwynn and Maddux.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On one hand I don't ever come across these kinds of lots because Torrens hasn't been in enough products to justify such a thing existing in the first place.
    On the other hand, I'm glad he doesn't have that many cards in the first place.

    Woof, still I can feel the joy you must've felt of filling in holes. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of utter curiosity, how many Tino duplicates and triplicates do you have? Is it close to the 847 unique ones you own?

    The thought of that many Tino Martinez cards together is just... glorious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, good question. Probably 2000-2500 dupes? I don't think I've ever counted though. I should create some lots and unload some.

      Delete
    2. As a fellow Tino Martinez enthusiast, you should let me know if you do.

      Delete