Sunday, August 4, 2019

I thought the Glossies would be a little...Glossier

"That John Denver is full of sh*t, man."

That was the line that popped into my head when my 2019 Topps All & Ginter Tino Martinez Glossy Mini card arrived. It is a 1/1, and my first modern day Tino 1/1!
I wasn't sure why, but the card didn't seem very glossy. It would be easy to flip right past in a stack of minis. Luckily I knew I had it coming to me, but I wonder how many of these get overlooked by people ripping wax.

I spent a lot more on this card than I planned (and I blame Zippy Zappy). I made what I felt was a low offer to a seller on eBay, and it was accepted. However, even the "low" offer was a lot more than I typically spend on cards.

Still, a Tino 1/1 from 2019? Sign me up!

And if you have a stack a of minis, take another look, because you might have a glossy without even knowing it!

4 comments:

  1. Feel free to blame me, I'll send you a big box with Yankees crap inside to make up for it ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 1/1! I'm really happy for you that Tino was included in a modern day product again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on nabbing a 1 of 1 of a guy you PC. I just picked up a huge stack of 2019 Ginter minis, but none of them were 1 of 1's.

    ReplyDelete