Saturday, April 18, 2020

Ketchup & Mustard

I don't know much about Donruss Optic cards.

I have never bought any, as they come 4 to a pack. Even in a blaster, you're only getting something like 28 or 32 cards. Not for me.

Pus there are a bunch of parallels I haven't taken the time to learn about. But the cards do end up looking nice from time to time.

I can't quite recall how I stumbled on this one. I think I may have seen it on TCDB, but didn't have anything to offer the other person.
So I did a quick eBay search and found one for cheap. This is called a Red & Yellow Prizm, which I think is Panini's word for refractor.

Regardless, I thought the card was pretty striking. Not just the refractor-like shine, but the borders are excellent. The card goes from red on top to yellow on the bottom, but each is a very vibrant form of the color. Regardless of the scan, it's a very neon type of yellow, a color I've always liked and gravitated towards.

I'm not a person who combines ketchup and mustard at the same time. Those people creep me out. But on this card, mixing a little red and a little yellow works very well.


7 comments:

  1. Ha. I thought this would be a post about Washington Redskins players. But I guess that wouldn't make sense on a baseball blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Panini does chrome products so much better than Topps. The colors are way more vibrant and pop off the card so much more. If you look at it from a product to product standpoint Optic is no different than buying a pack of Topps Chrome. Similar number of cards, but a lower price point.

    Oh and I always put both ketchup and mustard on my hot dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loads of people do. Or how about a McDonald's hamburger, K&M has been on every one since it began.

      Delete
  3. How my plate looks when the sauces and most of the fixings fall out of the other side of the burger the minute I take a bite into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Optic cards typically don't curve either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kind of reminds me of one of those popsicles I used to buy from the ice cream man when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete