Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I won't lie, I've been a bad blogger lately. I haven't posted much, although I still have every intention of keeping up the blog.

May-June are my busiest months at work. Plus, I was on vacation last week. All the while, I was interviewing for another job with a different company, which I recently accepted. Yesterday, as I mentioned on Twitter, I gave my two weeks' notice. However, viewing my new job as a competitor, I was asked to leave yesterday by my previous employer.

I was there for nine years, and for it to come down to one day was very tough.

So I'm home today. I enjoyed my breakfast by the water with a view of NYC. I did the laundry and the dishes. I also spent a while on the phone with the HR/Benefits department figuring out what I need to do between now and the start of my new job.

Lastly, to add to it, we are moving next month. We'll be heading out about 15 miles further into the New Jersey suburbs, while still commuting into NYC.

So there you have it. It's all great things, just a bit much and a bit overwhelming right now. It's all for the best, I just feel unsettled.

I apologize for the lack of packages I've sent out, or properly posting about or thanking you all for everything you've sent me the last few weeks. I'll get to it!

And I have to show a card, right?

Here is a TTM I got back recently from Yankees pitcher Bryan Mitchell. He's got a great arm and has been pretty good out of then 'pen in a limited role with the Yanks.


8 comments:

  1. Next month! Do you want a hastily rushed farewell package or a big welcome to your new home package addressed to your new place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job! and the move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job and house. That is a lot of life changes at one time. Enjoy the time off. Let me know the new address once you get settled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy second day of your abbreviated retirement!
    Change is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've completed another year of the Topps project. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. new job... new home. congratulations buddy!

    ReplyDelete