Wednesday, June 22, 2016

(Re)packing for vacation

By the time all three of you read this post, I'll be on the road, heading to New Hampshire with my wife and kids on a week-long vacation. I need it. Between a busy last few weeks at work, and closing on the new house (which we just did on Monday!), life has been chaotic. On second thought, going on vacation with a 4-year-old and a 2-year-old isn't exactly relaxing.

Three years ago, I found a great local card shop in Laconia, NH. I went to go there last year, but timed it poorly and arrived before the store was open. I didn't have enough time to go back, so I missed out. CLICK HERE to read about my experience at the card shop last time. I'm hoping they still have those $1 grab bags. If they do, I'm going to snag a bunch, and maybe hold a contest for one or two.

Anyhow, over the weekend I swung by Walgreen's to grab some items for the trip, and of course had to check out the toy aisle for some new repacks. I found one, and decided to grab it.

While I didn't snag an autograph like last time, I did come away with a few decent cards.
And this re-packer was clearly a Javy Lopez fan. I've never seen this Topps Stars set.
Overall, not the best $5 I've spent, but I've also had worse re-packs/

No comments:

Post a Comment