Monday, November 7, 2016

My Best Son Collects HOFers from My Best Friend Collects Chipper Jones

A couple of weeks ago, Mark from My Best Friend Collects Chipper Jones said that he’d like to send a few cards for my son’s Hall of Fame collection. For those who don’t know, I started acquiring a few Hall of Fame cards to place in a binder for my son, who is currently four. Several of you have sent him a bunch of great cards out of the kindness of your hearts. Even in trade packages, there will often be a team bag with a post-it that says “For Joey.” Rest assured, each card that comes his way goes directly into his binder.


I haven’t had the fortune of trading with Mark yet, but he kindly reached out and sent a batch. These were very generous. This was the card that really caught my attention:
Vibrant! Man, what a sweet Gibson. Not far behind was this:
That’s a damn solid entry into the binder.

Here is the rest of shipment one. That Gaylord Perry is um…interesting.
 
I said “shipment one” above because about a week later, Mark sent another awesome batch, headed by Hammerin’ Hank and Rod Carew.
I definitely did not have a Bunning for Joey either, so that’s cool. I love the mix of vintage and some newer cards. That George Brett Now & Then is really neat too. I feel like we need a modern day version of this set.

Mark, thanks so much for your generosity. It really is appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. Great, now that you have an Aaron. I can ask for a trade-back on the one I sent you ;). Lol jk. Nice cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I need to send Joey a ton of Pirate Hall of Famers. He needs to become a Pirates fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool idea - looks like Joey is going to be starting off with one heckuva collection.

    ReplyDelete