Sunday, September 15, 2019

Nothing random about this box

A while back, I got an email from Roy, better known as Bulldog, from Nothing if Not Random. Roy said he had been accumulating some Yankees he needed to get rid of. I was, as always, happy to take them off his hands.

What I didn't expect was an extremely generous, very LARGE box of Yankees from all years. It was really a blast to go through, and such a great sampling of cards. So great, that I feel like if I needed to condense my collection into one box, this would be a great sampling of cards to keep. I'm honestly thinking of just taking the cards from this box and put them in a binder and calling it my "Yankees Sampling Binder" or something a lot more catchy.

Here's the box:

That is a lot of Yankees! The first card I pulled out was this:
Gleyber Torres is awesome. I keep saying it, I know. He has 37 homers and is a 22-year-old middle infielder who, at his peak, was said to project as a 15-20 HR guy. This man has the ability to win an MVP award one day.

Anyhow, I did use the code when the Yankees were playing the Orioles...and of course, Gleyber didn't homer that day. I haven't won a single one of these this year!
Torres popped up a few more times. I really need to take inventory on my collection of his. I wonder if it's approaching 100? It's probably closer to 50.

There were several more 2019 cards, and here were a few favorites:
There were also a bunch of great Yankees rookie cards:
Topps Fire continues to be one of my favorite sets, despite never opening a pack. I liked this Tanaka a really lot.
This card made me chuckle a bit. I remember Classic 4-Sport well, and A-Rod was the key baseball player in these sets. This card is a SUPER RARE 1 of 80,000 ever made!
Jeter was well-represented throughout the box, and I really enjoyed this Upper Deck ESPN card, as well as the Topps 35th Anniversary:
Oh, and did a I mentioned JETER ROOKIE CARDS?! There were actually two from 1993 Topps! And I definitely didn't have this 1993 Score Select. Jeter RCs don't pop up in packages often at all!
Roy, this was a blast to go through and I'm still very appreciative of the cards. Thanks again!

5 comments:

  1. My pleasure. I'm glad you enjoyed the cards. It's all about the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Jeters! I feel like that Select card is very underrated. Love the photo with the sky background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very awesome package of cards there. Torres has been a beast for my fantasy team this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here I thought no one would ever top the Jeter RC package I sent. I've been bested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great package from Roy! I think putting all of these in single binder would be a great idea, it could be your Bulldog binder :)

    ReplyDelete