Friday, January 17, 2020

Big @ss Refractors

Refractors are still cool. However, larger than standard cards are not. They are clunky and hard to store.

But when the guy you collects has a big ass card and it's a big ass refractor, sometimes you just gotta pull the trigger.
This is the first time I've ever seen a Topps Superchrome Refractor, and it was listed for a very low price on eBay, so I snagged it storage issues be damned. The seller even threw in a bonus card of Brett Gardner, so you can see how much bigger the SuperChrome is.
I will say this: its a lot of surface area for a refractory shine. It's really pretty looking. I'm glad it was (I think) a one and done set, as it was an interesting concept. Not shocked it didn't work out through.

No idea where I'll put it, but these are minor details. I'll just sit back and enjoy this one, because it's a hell of a card and it's just so shiny.


11 comments:

  1. Topps pitch meeting: No! No! Not just Chrome. Super Chrome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks about the size for a 4 pocket page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a shiny one! like big chrome on a 57 Caddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this where the giveaway takes place? Asking for a friend(Doon)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should put it in a frame and display it at your desk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..And you just inspired me to buy the Vlad version of this (the one where he's posing on the ground showing the camera the ball in his glove), and I'll likely do with it what I just suggested you do. lol

      Delete
    2. Haha nice! They really are nice cards, and will great displayed on a desk or in a frame.

      Delete
  6. Those Superchrome refractors are so cool. I've been trying to track down the 1999 Nolan Ryan for my collection for a few years now.

    ReplyDelete