Saturday, January 25, 2020

Luuuuuke

Recently, I realized Luke Voit was the subject in some 2019 autograph sets. Voit's a pretty awesome player and I didn't have an autograph of him, so I decided to browse to see what I could find.

One of the first cards that popped up, with a very reasonable BIN, was a 2019 Topps Gold Label framed autograph. While I wasn't sure if I wanted a framed card, I ended up pulling trigger, as I don't have any other framed cards like this in my collection. Plus, the autograph was on-card, which appealed to me.
When I finally had the card in hand, I was pleased. It looks really nice, although his signature isn't particularly good.

Still, I was happy!

As luck would have, just a few days later, I would have the chance to meet Mr. Luke Voit!

I was at the NHL All-Star Skills night in St. Louis last night, and by chance I bumped into the man himself. I wasn't expecting to see him, but then I remembered he was a St. Louis guy, so that made a little more sense.

I spoke to him for a moment, and he was as nice as could be. Introduced himself (which many athletes don't), and I told him I was a big Yankees fan, and to bring it back this year. He said he was ready to go and excited for the season. And then he said, "and hopefully we don't have to worry about cheating anymore."

Here we are! I look good.
Love it. What a pleasant dude, and enjoyed the quick chat. I'm even gladder I bought the autograph last week!


6 comments:

  1. I think you buried the lede here... you're at NHL All-Star weekend? That is frickin cool! Also it's going to be tough for me to dislike Luke now that I know he's a good dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect at least 47 defensive Astros fans to reply to this based on the Voit quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card. I have a few framed cards from Topps. They can be on the "condition sensitive" side for some reason.

    Congrats on meeting Volt and I hope you had fun at the All-Star weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Were you able to find a good sized holder for it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Framed autos are great, but the real story is that you met Luke Voit at the NHL All-Star game. Man that is fricking awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome that you met him and I love his quote about the cheating scandal.

    Nice shades.

    ReplyDelete