Saturday, January 28, 2012

ARod Sportflix Rookie


While late-night surfing eBay on my iPhone in one hand and feeding the baby in the other, I came across an ARod SportFlix rookie. I remember being very envious of a friend of mine who had this card growing up, so I put in a bid of $.55 shipped and won it. I don’t need the card for a collection and I only casually collect ARod to begin with, so this was more of a card that I felt like I owed myself from my childhood. For two quarters and a nickel, it’s worth it.


3 comments:

  1. My friend and I both bought a couple packs of this set when we were kids and we actually each pulled this card from our packs! We traded them to each other once, but then I had to trade him back 'cuz it just felt weird to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 55¢ for a piece of your childhood is a steal!

    Sportflix is a huge part of my collecting past... in fact lenticular cards in general are pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize that Sporflix cards continued long enough for A-Rod to get a rookie card from them. Nice cheap oddball pickup. :)

    ReplyDelete