Saturday, May 4, 2013

A RC I had to have

I'm not huge into rookie cards. Although I do enjoy cards of prospects, I don't necessarily collect them to stock up on rookie cards.

Sure, there are a few I own that I cherish - an '84 Topps Mattingly, a '93 Topps Jeter, just to name a few. And I really, really want Mariano Rivera's Bowman RC. However, there is one that I have been chasing for awhile, and I finally picked up.
Cano is the best 2B in baseball, and thus far, has been the rock in the Yankees lineup, providing middle of the order power and striking fear into opposing pitchers. I've been a big fan of his since he came up, and the cost of his RC are only going up. I found it for a pretty good deal on eBay, and finally pulled the trigger.

I'd be surprised if Cano didn't re-sign with NY after his deal is up this year. I look forward to watching him continue to produce in his prime, and am happy to now own this card.

1 comment: