Monday, February 19, 2018

A new Tino from a new trading partner

Last week, I got an email from a fellow collector named Chris. He said he was just getting back into the hobby, and offer to send me some Yankees in exchange for some Cubs.

I'm always down for some new trading partners, so of course I agreed. Chris' package arrived late last week, and he sent some great stuff.

First and foremost, huge props to him for sending a Tino card I didn't have. That's not easy to do! The card itself was a striking 1997 Leaf Limited Exposure with Bernie Williams. I had the base card, but not this refractor-type version.
There definitely were a few more shiny, eye-catching cards. 
Also, consider me educated here. I had no idea Melky Cabrera earned a Rookie Cup with the Yankees.
Every time I get one of these cards, it's hard for me not to comment on how good-looking I think they are. They look incredible signed as well.
Here are a couple more that caught my eye as well.
Chris, excellent batch of cards. I've got a few team bags of Cubs with your name on them. Thanks again!

1 comment:

  1. Man oh man... that 1997 Donruss Limited Exposure of Williams and Martinez is sweet! I remember picking up a few of these parallels back in the day. They were crazy expensive. I just looked at the 1998 March Beckett (thanks to Too Many Verlanders) and that card once booked for $50. I know we all take book value with a grain of salt, but kinda cool, right?

    ReplyDelete