Sunday, February 4, 2018

A Super Ball

When I was younger, I definitely called The Super Bowl, "The Super Ball." It's the same thing my six-year-old is doing now.

I also called The World Series, "The World Serious." These names are confusing for kids.

On another note, this post is about a super ball. In fact, it's the shape of my latest Tino Martinez pickup from 2003 Fleer Hardball.
This is a platinum parallel, #'d to just 50. I say just 50 because there aren't too many low-numbered Tinos out there.

Despite not particularly liking the set, when I saw this for a buck, I had to snag it. It's not often I get to add a Tino this rare to my collection. Yeah, I'd have to call this a super ball.

As for the Super Bowl, give me the Eagles, please.

Please.

6 comments:

  1. That's a cool oddball-ish insert, and a heck of a find for only a buck.

    I'm no Philly fan but I cant stand the damn Patriots. Fly Eagles Fly..I guess. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Super Bowl is named after a Super Ball, so your kid is right!
    https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/1/7923017/why-is-it-called-the-super-bowl

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the Steelers still have the most Super Bowl wins. What a game! Fly Eagles Fly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of the Crane and Isaly discs of the 70's... so it's only natural for me to love this card too. Gonna need to see which Athletics and Padres made this checklist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, indeed, the World Series was named after the world serious...at least, if this 1970s gum commercial is to be believed!

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wUjGv90EhGs

    ReplyDelete