Monday, April 1, 2019

You're fooling' me, that's not Tino!

A few days ago while browsing eBay, I came across a listing for a Tino Martinez card I didn't have.

The only problem was, it wasn't Tino who was shown!

The description was for Tino, but pictured was former Mariner Carlos Guillen. I wasn't sure if this was meant to be a Tino card, or a Guillen card.
Luckily, it ended up being a Tino card once I notified the seller and he updated the listing, and for $2 I was able to secure a Tino #'d to 99 that I didn't have!
I liked Pacific Private Stock a lot. I believe it was Pacific's answer to Topps Gallery. While the set wasn't around for long, it did look pretty nice. Plus, I have a soft spot in my heart for Pacific.

I'm glad that in the end, the bogus listing ended up being for a card I needed!

5 comments:

  1. You can never go wrong with serial numbered Pacific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days I hope to have the complete (baseball) run of Pacific brands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Wasn't a big Pacific guy back in the 90's (too much gold foil). These day I appreciate them much more than I ever have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with a new player collection card for only $2

    ReplyDelete