Tuesday, May 18, 2021

A buck buck buck for #1,100

I'm ripping off Collecting Cutch's post today, where he won a sweet Andrew McCutchen Panini relic /5 for just a buck.

I too won a cool card for just a buck, and it has the double bonus of being unique Tino #1,100 for me! 
Last August, I hit 1,000 Tino cards, so it took me about 9 months to secure 100 more. Not too bad at all.

Anyhow, the card is from 2000 Stadium Club Chrome, and is the Refractor. I wouldn't say this is an overly rare card. It's not numbered to /5 or anything. However, I don't recall seeing it pop up on eBay, so I quickly snagged it for $.99 plus $.99 shipping.

This was actually a pretty sweet Stadium Club design. Fairly minimalist with a lot of room for the photo. Name within a pennant with the team logo just to the right. Very sound design and very baseball-y. I also like how Tino is seen rounding second base after what appears to be a homer.

I was glad to get this card for a buck, and nice to have another round number for my Tino collection.

9 comments:

  1. Great scan of the refraction! Congrats on 1100 Tino's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats AJ. I have 2 guys over 1,000 (Helton & Walker). The one thing I have noticed is that with so many of each, I am still missing a few fairly common parallels like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card. I busted a box of that stuff a few years back and only pulled one refractor, and sadly not a big name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive acquisitions rate, Lost Collector. I'm super in awe. Very cool looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a deep appreciation for 90's and early 2000's shiny refractors. Great looking Tino and congratulations on #1100!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice deal, and a very nice Tino card. Congrats on #1,100!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the nice round number and nice scan of the Refractor in it's glory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the purchase and card #1100!

    ReplyDelete