Monday, May 10, 2021

Too many Tinos

One of the nice gestures in the hobby is when someone is at a card shop, card show, or just flipping through their collection and they come across a card that they think you might like.

I recently got a Twitter DM from Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders. He was at a card show, and said he picked this up at a show and wanted to check if I needed it.
Indeed, I did! As I did not have this particular card numbered to 350. 

Within a few days, the card arrived safely in a PWE.

I'm still surprised when people do this. It has happened many times over my decade of blogging, but it still strikes me by surprise that someone was at card show, flipping through cards, and snagged one with the intention of sending it to me if I needed it.

Great gesture by Dennis, and an excellent addition to my Tino collection.

5 comments:

  1. Nice card and great job by Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't surprise me that Dennis did this. The guy is super generous and a class act. Congratulations acquiring a new Tino... and kudos to Dennis for being a great guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really nice. I miss card shows for that reason and just about too chicken-bleep to go to a show or even a shop at the moment to try my luck. Very nice card and nice gesture. Happy today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was like hearing about folks doing things like this for others.

    ReplyDelete