Sunday, May 2, 2021

My first Project 70 card

I made a decision I wasn't going to chase Project 70 cards.

I don't have anything against them. I think many have been more inspiring than their Project 2020 predecessors, in fact. Although I agree there are way too many Yankees and Dodgers. I've liked many of the ones I've seen, especially from the Alien Guy. If he does a Yankee, I'll probably buy one.

And if there ends up being a Tino, I'll be all over it. Although I doubt we'll get one based on the fact that it's been mostly the expected subject matter, with a few exceptions.

One of those exceptions was a few weeks back, when Dock Ellis graced a card designed by Ermsy. I'm not going to re-hash why Ellis was awesome. There's been plenty of pieces written about his unique career.
Instead, I wanted it because I have a connection to Dock Ellis. For several years, I played in a softball game named after him. One of those years, his son even threw out the first pitch, and then hung out with us for a bit.

That was always one of my favorite days, playing in the Dock Ellis game against a rival company. It was no small production, either. Little expense was spared. Uniforms, hot dog cart, announcer, umps, national anthem, and guest of honor. Dock Ellis' son, Dock III, was a great sport, and I think enjoyed that the game was played in his father's honor.

I was glad to see this card hit the project. I have no strong issues with the set. I was just a little tuckered out after completing the run of Jeter Project 2020 cards. It was going to take a special card to get me to dive back in.

It came in the form of Dock Ellis. Play ball!

6 comments:

  1. That's a cool one! Thought about pulling the trigger myself, and I'm not usually into Ermsy's stuff. Good to hear Doc's son is a good dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool card! I vaguely remember hearing an antidote where Ellis said that while he was pitching the no-hitter, he saw three guys in the batters box and he would aim for the guy in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty interesting choice.

    I've also only purchased one of those cards, the Al Kaline card...it's a bit weird as well, but it's probably the only card a Detroit player will get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to say thanks to Ancient Dr Zuma Spell Temple for everything so far. To everyone who doesn’t believe in spell, I was one of those ones at first. I wasn’t quite sure if I wanted to do this since I’ve tried others so-called spells casters and they did not work and was a waste of my time and money. However, when I read through the testimonials of other people about his good work i decided to contacted him and after I talked Dr Zuma who answered all my questions and was very nice about everything, I decided to give it a try. I figured it would be my last try to get my guy back. So my story is that I was at my office when the guy I am in love with told me that he wasn’t in love with me and never will be and that he didn’t want to speak or see me again, especially since he was talking to this other girl. When I talked to Dr Zuma, he let me know which spells would be most appropriate for me and I chose the ones that was to get him back to me and stay with me and want to marry me. As soon as he started on the spells, my guy came back into my life! It was a miracle to me and I’m so thankful for that. Things have been going well, and pretty much according to what Dr Zuma said would happen. He’s always there when you need him and that’s also after the spell is done. I’m still waiting for the spells to completely manifest, but with all that has happened so far I’m very happy because i was already given up on myself before contacting Dr Zuma, if you asked me or my friends if I would have anticipated how things were right now…no one would believe it! Lara. To contact him spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com WhatsApp him +15068001647

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card. I'm a big fan of Ermsy's work. Gonna add this card to my eBay watch list right now.

    ReplyDelete