Wednesday, October 15, 2014

TTM Success: Jack McDowell



A few weeks ago, I received a TTM success from 1993 AL Cy Young Award winner Jack McDowell. I sent the cards to the Ogden Pioneers, where Black Jack was managing this past season. The 1995 Studio is perhaps one of my coolest success ever. Look how awesome this looks!
I usually send no more than two cards, but was a little greedy and sent three, which McDowell generously signed. 
As a Yankee fan, I should probably dislike McDowell a lot more than I do. He famously flipped off fans while being booed off the field, and he gave up the Game 5 ALDS game-winning hit to Edgar Martinez. As a 12-year-old, I was crushed. But still, I never really disliked McDowell. When he came to NY, I think it represented a sign, for me, that by acquiring him, the Yankees were really going for it.

Either way, these cards look great, and I appreciate the return.

1 comment: