Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A McCovey for Joey


I've still been picking up cards of HOFers for Joey, my two-year-old son. I don't show them off as often as I used to, but building a collection of HOFers is still a priority of mine. I have no idea if he'll be into cards when he's older, but even if not, I hope he one days appreciates the binder I've got going for him.

Anyhow, most of the vintage cards I've grabbed him are beat up. Maybe one day I'll focus on condition, but for now, I just want him to have originals, regardless of condition. So when I came across a 1970 Topps Willie McCovey with surface damage, I pounced. I won it on Listia for a few credits - not much - and was happy to get it. I already had a McCovey set aside for him, but this will still find a home in the binder.

No comments:

Post a Comment