Sunday, September 17, 2017

Eye of the beHolder

I don't have a ton of outstanding TTM requests not, so it's always kind of fun when an envelope with an older stamp makes it's way back to me. For the second time in a week, I had a spring training request returned to me.
I sent this to Kyle Holder back on March 6, so this took a little over six months to come back signed. I definitely appreciate getting it back, even with the long wait.

Holder, a 2015 First Rounder, spent the entire season at High A Tampa, hitting .271. He doesn't have much power at all, but he's already MLB-ready in the field at shortstop. He also logged 26 games at third and 14 at second, showing that he can move around the infield.

With his glove, if he can keep hitting .270ish, he'll find a role as a utility man in the Majors at some point. I'd assume he'll move on up to Trenton to start next season.

Thanks for the autograph. Mr. Holder!

1 comment:

  1. I'm cautiously excited for Holder's development. If he goes on to be a Josh Pennington type it would be a pretty fair success.

    ReplyDelete