Friday, September 1, 2017

Not the best end of summer

This post comes to you from the pediatric ward of our local hospital, where my three-year-old daughter has been since Wednesday. She has pneumonia. I feel so bad for her little body going through all of this, and feel terrible that summer is ending this way for her. I feel for my son too, as he's been dragged back and forth to the hospital and hasn't gotten much attention.

She'll be ok and we'll survive! There are a lot of people going through their own challenges right now, especially my blogging friends down in the Houston area. I wish them all the best.

I will say that I've been trying to keep up with everyone's blogs, as there is a lot of downtime just sitting here, so thank you all for your posts.

In between some of my trips home for clean clothes and to walk the dog, yesterday's mail contained just a single card:
This was a pretty neat feat, actually. All three players hit their 40th career homers in the same game. While 40 isn't an elusive number or anything, what are the chances three guys on the same team would accomplish the feat in one night?

That's baseball, Suzyn.

Hopefully I'll be back with normal posts soon. Until then, I hope everyone can enjoy their holiday weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Sorry you're going through that. I've been there. Seeing my 1 1/2-month-old daughter hooked up to IVs was one of the saddest moments of my life. But it passed in a weekend and she's now the healthiest 19-year-old I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers with you, and to those suffering from Harvey too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that man, I wish you and your family the best with everything. Considering that she has your genes, I'm sure your daughter will kick that pneumonia in the butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about her illness. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little late in reading this post, so I hope that your daughter is home and feeling better by the time you read this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry dude. Hoping for the best for you.

    ReplyDelete