Tuesday, February 12, 2019

A fourth PWE from Japan

Earlier this year, I showed three PWEs that made their was to me from Japan during Zippy Zappy's recent trip. I thought that was it, but to my surprise, a fourth showed up a few weeks after the first three.

There was no Kanebo Tino in this one, but it still packed a lot of punch. My favorite card is easy a Hideki Matsui Homerun Member's Card. Admittedly I have no idea what this is, but it's very cool and super unique to Matsui collection. I think that's my first card of him rocking the Giants uniform.
ZZ also sent me a quartet of Michael Pineda cards. While I no longer actively collect Big Mike, I still have a soft spot for him. I hope he makes the Twins rotation this year, but I assume he'll get hurt like usual.
There were a few Bowmans, Topps and a Gossage insert as well. With all my complaints about Topps inserts these days, I gotta say I wish I appreciated the "Blockbusters" set a few years ago. It was a cool concept, and a bit more outside the box than "Baseball Superstars" or "Golden Moments."
Thanks for the fun PWEs, ZZ!

3 comments:

  1. That Matsui card automatically makes you a member of his Home Run fan club whose objective was to cheer him on as he goes for the global 869 HR record.

    ReplyDelete