Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Not neglecting Ty

In my chase for 1,000 unique Tinos, picking up old basketball rookie cards, and trading for Gleyber Torres cards on TCDB, it may seem like I've neglected my Ty Hensley collection.

Wrong!

I still actively search and seek out new Hensley cards I need. There just aren't a ton of them out there, so I do get excited when one pops up.

Recently a 2012 Bowman Sterling magenta plate popped up on eBay. It was a 7-day auction, so I waited anxiously and bid toward the end. Of course, I was the only buyer, but you never know.
The fact that it is autographed makes it even cooler to me.

This is my 123rd Hensley card, and ninth printing plate. If you ever see one out in the wild, let me know!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The autograph really pops off on this printing plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I yearn for the days I was the only buyer on Vogelbach cards. Nice addition... autos on plates are always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see 5 1/1s on COMC (three of them are plates) and they're all overpriced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very down on COMC. One of my least favorite card sites.

      Delete