Friday, May 29, 2020

Patience is key

For the last year or so, I've seen this card in my Ty Hensley saved eBay search.
I set my mark of $7 (plus shipping). I decided I would not pay above that. For months upon months, the listing fluctuated between $9.99, 12.99, and 14.99. Each time I offered $7. Each time the seller tried to get a little more out of me. I balked.

Maybe I was being cheap for a card I wanted. But also if it's listed that long...and only one person is inquiring...maybe it's listed too high.

Finally I wore him down. Maybe? He did accept $7, literally after almost a year my first offer. Maybe I could have gotten it for less. I don't know. But at this point rare autographs and 1/1s are the only Ty Hensley's I don't have, and they don't come up often, so I think it felt it was an ok price since I only buy one every couple of months.
Regardless, I like it. It'll look nice in my collection.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you to sticking to your plan! A 1/1 of a PC Guy for 7 bucks is a fantastic price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to stick to your plan and congrats on adding an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I've been on both sides of this double edged sword. Sometimes it has paid off. Other times I have lost out. No regrets though. Once I set on a price I wanna pay, the rest is outta my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woof, now that's a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete