Monday, November 16, 2020

A B-Met lands me a lot more

Growing up with a Double-A team in my backyard was pretty cool.

I want to a handful of games each year. Looking back, I should have gone to more. But I certainly went to my fair share from the time the Binghamton Mets opened their doors in 1992, until I graduated high school ten years later. 

Plus, I got to play my high school baseball games in the stadium, and often snagged something left behind by the big clubs, such as lineup cards like this one:

I saw some amazing players come through the system, and the fact that the team won the title in their first year of existence was very cool. For Christmas that year, my grandma bought me and my cousins (who were all from out of town) commemorative t-shirts. I remember that well.

So when Jay of Card Hemorrhage posted a few cards he pulled in a re-pack, and one was a Binghamton Met autograph with the old "B" logo on the hat and original team logo in the lower right, I asked if it was available because it stirred up memories of the team I grew up with.
Jay was kind enough to send this along, plus a bunch of other great stuff.

My favorite of the others were these bad boys from esteemed grader Snaggle Tooth Grading. Fuji has shown these off a few times. Definitely a cool keepsake. Not to be overlooked b the hilarity, the cards are gorgeous refractors from 2001 Archives Reserve. As tired as I get of reprinting designs, they do look cool as refractors.
Jay also sent me some really cool John Antonelli collectibles as well:
There was also a handful of basketball cards, and I was psyched to get this Devin Booker rookie card!
Here is a random sampling of some others.
Jay, this was awesome stuff. Thank you!


3 comments:

  1. Another Snaggletooth sighting. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Bobby Bonds yankee card from the same set as that Chris Speir. I got it at a card show as a freebie earlier this year, and this inspires me to look on TCDB and see what it actually is. It's apparently a 1975 SSPC Puzzle Back.Huh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are GREAT cards. And I'm sorry I've got better pitching mechanics than Antonelli.

    ReplyDelete