Saturday, November 7, 2020

X marks the spot

I was actually fairly slow to pick up the newest Allen & Ginter Tino Martinez cards. I haven't even taken inventory of any that I don't have, given the back variations and whatnot.

However, slowly but surely, a few have made it's way to me. Just last week, friend of the blog Mr. Scott reach out asking if I needed the Tino from Allen & Ginter X. Given I don't have any idea where one might find Allen & Ginter X, my answer was a quick "Yes!" In lightning fast speed, these two cards arrived:
That's the Ginter X base and mini. The base would look great signed in silver ink.

Then, via TCDB, I was able to bring in the standard base card from A&G:
Lastly, through a small eBay pickup, I got the silver foil version, which I thought was a nice add to A&G this year. They shine looks pretty good on these cards, likely because of the pastel backgrounds.
I'm still in need of other A&Gs, notably the mini and its variations. If you come across any, you know where to find me!

4 comments:

  1. It's highly unlikely that I pulled a Tino mini or parallel in the blaster I just opened (only b/c I would have set it aside for you), but I will double check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a lot of talk about this year's A&G, but hadn't seen anyone mention silver foils, now I kind of want to see one in person.

    ReplyDelete