Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thankful

Just a quick post here today to wish you all a happy and healthy Thanksgiving.

It's an odd year for me. I generally travel to family for Thanksgiving, but this year we're staying put, as I assume most are. I come from a big family, so that's never easy. But at the same time, I have my own little family, and we'll be together and that's what counts.

I'm thankful for my family and that I get to spend today with them (and every day for the past eight months).

I'm thankful that I have a good job. While my work is far from essential, my company has actually prospered at this time. While many are cutting back, we have grown. I've hired three people during the pandemic, and two of them had previously lost jobs as a result of Covid-19 causing organizational restructuring path their previous employer. It makes me feel good that I've been able to help them get back on track.

I'm thankful for this hobby. Even when I'm down on it or bored, it has provided me great joy for the most part.

I'm thankful for this blog. I'm not one of the more well-read bloggers and my posts are usually very basic and not thought-provoking. It's not why I do it. I do it because it helps keep me interested in collecting. Having an outlet to show off new cards or talk about them is more than I have at home or with any nearby friends or family. That's all I need from the blog, and it's all I plan to give. 

Thanks for reading, and again, stay safe and healthy. Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your business is thriving and you've been able to provide jobs and paychecks for a few people who need it. As for blogging... keep up the great blog. Basic or not... I love seeing you accumulate new Tinos. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear that you're all safe and healthy and doing well. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing that you were able to help get jobs for some recently laid off folks must be a really great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're one of the good ones, AJ! Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving the day after the event when it's all about leftovers. Hope you and your family are safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, AJ!

    ReplyDelete