Friday, December 9, 2011

Contest Winnings from $30 a Week Habit - Part 2 (with a hit)

In Part 1, I highlighted the Yankees singles Robert from $30 a Week Habit sent me as part of my contest winnings. He also including two rack jumbo packs of Topps Update:

I NEVER pull jersey cards. Ever. The last one was in February. So imagine my excitement when I pulled this:
An All-Star workout jersey of Starlin Castro. Not just that, but it’s the Diamond Anniversary version #’d 02/60. Pretty sweet relic of one of the game’s brightest young players.
Speaking of Starlin, this came from the same pack. Is he even old enough to be on a Liquorfractor?

Keeping up with the young guns motif, two parallels of Mariners 2B Dustin Ackley. Not bad pulls at all.

Young guys still unproven, you say? Fine. How about some  HOFers:

Pretty sweet haul for two 36-card packs. Robert, I appreciate the winnings and the packs. They were a blast to open! Keep reading $30 a Day Habit – it’s always got something interesting going on.

7 comments:

  1. I'm interested in the throwback Rickey and the two ackleys. Let me see what I might have that would I retest you. Ate you looking for anything specific?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I don't imagine you plan to trade the Castros but if you decide to do so, please let me know.

    I'll try to come up with something. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure AJ, you have better luck with the packs from my hometown than I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you can't work out a deal with Derek for the SP Rickey card, drop me a note. Nice break out of those packs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa.. now I want to go buy some Update rack packs. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete