Thursday, June 12, 2014

Prospectin' for autos

I'm in the middle of a busy time at work, plus traveling Thurs-Sunday, so I've got some short show and tell posts lined up. Let's be honest, that's what most of my posts are, but these are especially straight to the point.

I recently snagged two autos of Yankees prospects on eBay. The first is this Gabe Encinas auto. He's working his way back from elbow surgery. I hope he makes it to the bigs, because I'm sure the tabloids would have a field day with the name. "Encinas Man" comes to mind.
Also snagged this relic/auto of former first rounder Slade Heathcott. Love the guy's skills, but he just has a very hard time staying on the field. Still, a cool card and I'm hopeful he can eventually make it. He's in AAA and on the 40-man, so it's not unreasonable.

2 comments: