Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Raz-zle Dazzle

A few weeks back, I claimed a card over on The Raz Card Blog. I hadn't traded with Raz yet, so I felt like it was a good time to claim a card and enjoy a new trading partner. In full disclouse, Raz probably cannot say the same about me, as I still owe him a return package. Raz, it's coming. I'm sorry man.

The card that caught my eye was this 2014 Bowman Top 100 Die Cut of Yankees 3B prospect Miguel Andujar. Miguel is currently in Low-A ball, but he's just 19 and playing against guys mostly 2-3 years older than him. After a great short season rookie ball campaign last year, the Yanks aggressively chose to move him to full-season Charleston. He got off to a slow start, but has been a lot better as of late. While he's only hitting .222, he does have 5 HRs. He's got a ton of tools, and he's young enough that if he puts them all together, he could be a very good player one day.
Raz also added the following two cards:
 
The Tyler Austin is a PC guy for me, and a card I didn't have. I'm noticing a lot of off-center Bowman Chrome cards this year. Anyone else?

The Jeter is cool too. Opening Day has been my favorite product this year, and I'm glad they keep bringing back these 3D Opening Day Stars cards. Topps actually acknowledged that Jeter's 2013 opening day was in July in 2013 due to injury.

Raz, thanks for the cards. I'll get yours out shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment