Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Long wait on the plate

I recently added a third Ty Hensley 1/1 to my collection, this time a 2012 Leaf Memories black printing plate. It's my second overall printing plate of Hensley. It's getting harder and harder to find Hensley's I don't have, so I try and pounce when new ones come up, as long as they are reasonably priced.
However, this one had a long trip to get to me. I purchased it on Jan 20. The seller promptly shipped it, and then it stalled for over 2 weeks at a sorting facility. No tracking updated. Nothing. Just sat there, day by day.

The seller and I both found this unusual, and he was nice enough to issue a refund.

Guess what happened the next day? Yep. The card shows up in my mailbox. I reached out to the seller and gave him a refund of his refund...er, just paid him again since it did arrive, and he deserved the money fair and square. It's not his fault it sat in a sorting facility in Michigan.

So it took a while, but Ty Hensley #68 has arrived. I wonder when he'll be included in another set? Hopefully he is healthy this year and is able to pitch all season. He'd at least make a minor league team set, I would hope.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new 1/1. Always nice when the seller takes the initiative to make things right without you having to open a ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the plate. Right now there are two Luis plates for the taking but I'm resisting HARD to pull the trigger on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world would be a better place if every eBay seller and buyer were like the two of you. Congratulations on the new 1/1 to your PC.

    ReplyDelete