Tuesday, February 23, 2016

SuperTraders #2: Highly Subjective and Completely Arbitrary



By my unofficial count, there are eight #SuperTraders I haven’t traded with. While I’m bummed I haven’t up to this point, I look forward to swapping some cards with some new people. I’ve been a long time reader of Highly Subjective and Completely Arbitrary, but I don’t think Brian and I have traded thus far. I could be wrong though, as I have an awful memory. As a result of said memory, I am hoping to be extra diligent about tracking what I’ve received and sent out for #SuperTraders, even adding a few columns to the spreadsheet to try and be more organized.

Anyhow, Brian sent me a very cool PWE that had a lot of good stuff, including some of those excellent 1991 Archives honoring the 1953 set, as well as a few random Yanks, including a nice Mattingly oddball.
However, I must call particular attention to one card which really caught my eye: this 1994 Donruss Jimmy Key Mound Marvels. I have never seen such a card. The shiny circle is not really a hologram, as it doesn’t “pop out” when tilted. It’s more of a mirror, but when held to light, Jimmy’s headshot appears. The whole card has an acetate-type feel to it. It’s really cool! I had no idea these existed in ’94 Donruss. Very cutting edge! 
Brian, thanks for the PWE. Looking forward to dumping some Twins on you.

4 comments:

  1. Nice package from Brian.

    As the Yankees representative in the SuperTraders group you really need to bring it TLC. Our entire fan base is counting on you. #NoPressure

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize that Jimmy Key card was anything special until I got it home from the card show. I had the same experience of finding out it wasn't really a hologram...

    ReplyDelete