Wednesday, February 10, 2016

TTM Success: Ian Clarkin

Yankees lefty Ian Clarkin signed two cards for me, and tossed in an extra of his own. Sadly, I am not certain when I sent this. You see, I lost all my TTM records from 2011-2015 on my previous work computer. Stupidly I had kept my spreadsheet there instead of a cloud or drive I could access, and when I left the company, I massively dropped the ball and forgot to bring a copy.

I was really bummed when I realized what I did. The spreadsheet had who I sent to, what I sent, where I sent to, the number of cards, success/failure, and any notes. It was a lot of info to lose. Total screw up on my part.

I've got a new spreadsheet going on Google Docs, so I'll always have it. There's nothing I can do about all the lost info, except ensure that I don't do it again moving forward.

Long story short, I'm not sure when I sent this Clarkin. I know that I definitely didn't include the Bowman All-American Classic, so I thank Ian for that. The Bowman Ice looks awesome signed as well!
I know Eric Jagielo was a great signer with the Yankees. He's with the Reds now, so maybe I'll try to complete the duo.
Thanks for the return. Mr. Clarkin! Best of luck this season.


4 comments:

  1. Bummer about the spreadsheet. But now you can enjoy the fun of getting back returns from people you forgot you sent requests to in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the success and sorry about the spreadsheet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always jealous of TTM returns. I had a bad run and didn't get any back for a year or two and gave up. Seeing good returns is always inspiration to try again.

    You usually send them to the clubhouse, or to the players individually?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For current players, always to team or spring training:

      Player Name
      c/o Team
      Team address

      For retired guys, home address, which is usually pretty easy to find online.

      Delete