Wednesday, December 27, 2017

TTM Success: Toby Harrah

A fun thing about sending out a lot of TTMs is that you tend to forget about some and are pleasantly surprised when they roll in after a long time. Just before Christmas, I received a return from 4x All-Star Toby Harrah. I sent the card out about 11 months ago.

Harrah only played one season in NY, hitting a lone homer in 299 plate appearances for the Yankees. He spent 11 season in Texas and 5 in Cleveland, and was an All-Star in 1972, 1975, 1976, and 1982. One thing I noticed when looking at his stats was that he was a very good OBP guy. He led the AL in walks in 1977 and routinely drew 90-100 BBs. I'm not sure how valued that was in the '70s, but I think he would have been more appreciated in this day and age. He ended his career with 51.3 WAR...pretty pretty good!

From what I can tell he appeared on two cards as a Yankee - 1984 Topps Traded, and 1985 Topps.

I thank Mr. Harrah for signing my card!


3 comments:

  1. If he's only going to have two cards as a Yankee, the 1984 and 1985 Topps designs are dang good ones to have! Congrats on the return.

    ReplyDelete