Saturday, April 28, 2018

Can't help myself

Have you ever seen one of those couponing shows? The ones where people go to the grocery store and buy 25 tubes of Aquafresh because the deal was too good to pass up?

I feel like that with cards sometimes.

Do I really need three Tino Martinez 1998 Donruss Crusades?

No, I don't. But in this instance, I saw one with a low minimum bid and somehow scooped it up.

I wouldn't do this for any card, but I do think this is one of the greatest insert sets of all time, and these cards are pretty rare. Still, do I need three of them?

Probably not.

Remind me of this post when I'm showing off my 10th Tino Crusade in the year 2025.

7 comments:

  1. Well if you have one up for trade that's a 90's insert series I am lacking in my 90s PC.....I do have some double Yanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is so shiny... you could start fires with it. I say find six more and fill a 9-pocket page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do this with certain cards. I just got another copy of R.A. Dickey's 2012 Topps Update All-Star relic card. I don't need more of them, but when an affordable one pops up I have to buy it. He's only got the one All-Star appearance, so it's not like I have other choices for Dickey All-Star relics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, if you really like a card there's no harm in adding multiple copies of it if you can get them for decent prices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should hoard them like that one guy did with Greg Maddux finest refractors. Or at least get 6 more so you can have a full binder page of just Tino Crusades

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do this with several different types of cards. I'm a sucker for Chrome Pirate autos that don't have any bids. I also buy up just about any jersey card featuring the red alternate uniform from the early 2000's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always need three cards of something cool like this. The primary, it's back up, and a redundancy card. Think of it like data on your computer.

    ReplyDelete