Monday, April 2, 2018

Where's Oswaldo?


Over the weekend, in came an unexpected TTM success. When I saw the envelope, I figured it was a final spring training TTM success. Surprisingly, it was not!

Yankees prospect Oswaldo Cabrera signed three of my cards, although sadly none of the cards I sent featured him. But still, I like these better than the generic-looking "signature cards." Funny enough, the logo sticker and hologram are both older than he is!
Interestingly, these were post-marked from Charleston, and sure enough, Cabrera is starting the season there, so looks like he and his teammates arrived safely. The Riverdogs once again look to have an exciting team, headlined by guys like Luis Cedeno, Nick Nelson, Glenn Otto, Anderson Severino, Wilkerman Garcia, and Steven Sensley.

Cabrera has the potential to be a very good prospect, although he’s still quite young. He’ll play all of this season at age 19. He did play in 89 games at the same level last year, but it’s not a surprise to see him return to A-ball given his age. He does move around between 2B, SS, and 3B, although I’d expect Garcia to get the lion’s share of time at SS.

Still, a very nice and unexpected success, and perhaps Gavin can turn one of these into a cool cut signature at some point down the road!

5 comments:

  1. Nice! I have a few more things I'd like to catch up on and then I might send some of my Ivy dupes out for TTM requests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome return. Now to send you a proper Oswaldo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great. I really want to get a hologram signed by somebody sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having guys sign those old Fleer stickers is ingenious. And congratulations... Oswaldo's signatures turned out really good.

    ReplyDelete