Monday, June 18, 2018

Some homemade wall art

As I mentioned in my last post, Bert from Swing and a Pop Up sent me a set of 1981 Topps Giant Photo Cards featuring the Yankees. Bert also included one of the wrappers, which was in great condition. I loved the look and size of it, and decided to make something fun.
On Friday night, my wife went over to the neighbor's for some wine. I stayed home watching the Yanks, as the kids were in bed. I found some motivation to do an art project, and the wrapper was a perfect test experiment.
Taking a slab of wood I had from the hobby store, I found that the wrapper fit nearly perfectly. I applied a few coats of Mod Podge, and ended up with a pretty cool piece!
It's not perfect. I didn't line it up well and it's a little slanted. Additionally, it dried with a few lumps underneath it.
Still, I think it looks cool, and it's an authentic wrapper from 37 years ago.

Pretty awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Man that's a cool idea, I might do the same with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work- we've talked before about different art/craft projects to do with cards, and I'd love to see more ideas like this!

    ReplyDelete