Sunday, January 27, 2019

Where have you been, bro?

On December 29th, I purchased an autographed card on eBay. It was a 2018 Bowman's Best Refractor autograph of Yankees second round pick Josh Breaux (pronounced "bro").
It was promptly mailed out, but I noticed after a couple days the tracking info was stuck at "in transit to next facility." I think we've all seen it before, and after a few days it magically updates again.

Only this time, it didn't. It went 20 days without an update. Just "in transit to next facility" purgatory.

I even checked with the seller to see if it was returned to him. I didn't blame him at all. I knew he shipped it, unless he gave me a bogus shipping number or something.

Then, magically, on the 20th day, it arrived at the family near my house, and the very next day arrived in my mailbox.

Who knows what happens in these instances? Maybe it gets left unsorted in a bin. Maybe it falls between the cracks in a truck. Whatever it is, I'm glad it finally made it. Just took a little longer than expected!

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. I bought some Long Ball Licorice (Babe Ruth licorice) a few weeks ago... and it hasn't arrived. I've reached out to the company and they haven't responded. Sure hope my raspberry licorice story ends up like your Breaux. I'm really craving some licorice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A regular problem in Michigan. Glad your Bro found his way home!

    ReplyDelete