Friday, March 13, 2020

Filler cards are getting better

I'm not someone who gets annoyed when an eBay seller throws in extra filler cards in the packaging.

I once saw someone Twitter complain (shocking, right?) about getting extra cards. Me? Nope. It's fun. Sometimes a seller will send extra Yankee cards, figuring I'm a fan for buying a Yankees card. Sometimes I'll buy a Tino Cardinals card and get Cardinals cards. No big deal.

Recently, I bought a fun Clarke Schmidt die cut autograph:
Cool card. Not much to say. If baseball ever comes back, I hope he stays on his upward trajectory to NY.

The package was also full of filler cards surrounding the purchased card.
It looks like this seller was cutting back on some 2018 Topps inserts.

Pretty cool! I never saw the Postseason Prominence cards. Fairly run of the mill Topps inserts, but a new Jeter I didn't have.

I thought these were cool and a nice gesture. I'll probably add some to TCDB. Or pass them on through a free card Friday.

Regardless, it's cool when a seller throws in something extra, whether it fits my collection or not.

6 comments:

  1. Complaining about fillers? That's weird. While most of those wouldn't fit in my collection, why would I be upset that I got a little something extra. It makes a nice little eBay package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime anyone wants to send me free cards, I'm not going to complain! At worst, they end up in my dupes box. Not a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People who complain about fillers are the same people who complain about receiving a "large" cup at Taco Bell when they ordered a "medium". That's the world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can see this same person leaving neutral FB. what a nut job buyer. Who uses Jeter to take up space????? Now that's a crazy seller; one who'd get my repeat business!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought something off of eBay a few years ago, a card of some sort, that came with a handful of filler cards on either side of it, which ended up going into a box, where they ended up sitting for a while. Sometime around last Christmas I got into that box again, and found that one of those filler cards had been an Absolute Devin Booker rookie, which unbeknownst to me was selling fairly well, so I listed it on eBay and ended up getting twenty bucks for it... not too bad for a filler card!

    ReplyDelete