Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Finding another (Red Sox) friend on TCDB

I've come across - and traded with - a bunch of bloggers on TCDB. While my experience on the site has been overwhelmingly positive, it's still nice to know the person on the other end is a trusted friend.

In this deal, I didn't even know it was Matt of Diamond Jesters until I saw his shipping address and recognized the name. Oops! I shipped him off a few Red Sox for a single card:
I don't know why, but I like this Stanton next to the Marlins logo. I'm guessing it was from his return to Miami and his dugout press conference. I like the smile on his face. While Stanton has had a hard time staying on the field, all indications are that he's been very happy to be a Yankee, and has been a great teammate. He's always smiling, and this card captures that well.

Not wanting to send just one card, Matt also included a few HOFers for my son's binder:
That is probably the first Simmons I've set aside. I honestly had no idea who Ted Simmons despite all my years of collecting, but alas, I'll add him to the binder. 
There were a few others for the binder too!

Thanks, Matt! See you around on TCDB.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Now that I'm becoming more well known for my blog, I should see if there's a way to change my TCDB user name to match up with it...Thanks for the trade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so used to seeing Simmons on Cardinals and Brewers cardboard, it's easy to forget he was with the Braves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea Simmons was in (or going to be in) the Hall of Fame. Another good but not all-time player. I don't know why I am surprised anymore.

    ReplyDelete