Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The matching game


Does it bug anyone when a jersey swatch doesn't match the photo on the card?

Usually it doesn't bother me too much. I get it. But for some reason, when this card came in the mail, I really felt like Tino should be featured in the road grays. Maybe the gray swatch is just so front and center, or too boring to be such a focal point, but it really contrasts against Tino in his home Printstripes.

I won't get too worked up. Like I said, it usually doesn't bother me, but this one did, for whatever reason. Still, it's a new Tino that I needed, so I'll take it.

4 comments:

  1. Guess the pinstriped jerseys are more expensive to obtain. Cool card either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just draw a pinstripe on there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. inserting road grays and showing home pinstripes doesn't bother me as much as when the swatch/patch/whatever you wanna call it is some weird color that the player has never worn, or turns out to be from their college days (and of course no mention of where the swatch came from) or from an all-star game appearance from a year when they had oddball uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been beating this horse for awhile now. I can't stand it when the jersey from the photo and the actual swatch don't match. The only thing worse about relics is what CaptKirk42 said or the pitcher card with a bat relic.

    ReplyDelete