Thursday, September 18, 2014

Zippy Zapped all the way back to the future



My apologies to a great friend of the blog, Zippy Zappy. I was cleaning out my “drafts” folder, and found this post, which I swore had gone live but apparently it never had. Perhaps the Blogger scheduling function ate it? We’ll go with that as an excuse. Anyhow, I re-worked the post just a tad, and wanted to make sure I still shared a bunch of these treasures.

A few weeks ago (now…more like a few months ago!), Kenny from Cervin’ Up Cards sent me an incredible package. I was Zippy Zapped! And you know what? It felt great!

Kenny knows what I collect as well as anyone, and his packages always contain a bunch of stuff that hits all facets of my collections.

The package started off with this certified auto of Francisco Cervelli, a PC guy for Zippy Zappy. A long time ago I sent Kenny a Cervelli auto I had, and he’s now paid me back for it twice – first with either an in-person or TTM auto (not sure which it was), and now with a certified auto.
There was also an auto of former Yanks farm-hand Ryan Pope from one of my favorite sets ever, 2008 Tristar Projection.
On to the PC guys! This is probably the 3rd or 4th Ty Hensley auto Kenny has sent me. This is a great-looking blue die-cut auto from Elite Extra Edition. 
Additionally, Kenny added two new Pinedas to my collection. That purple Chrome Refractor is just a beautiful card. 
There was also a literal brick of cards in the form of a Sega-Gen card case. The case is great. I have no idea how to use it, but what a cool keepsake. I can see collectors piling their Sega-Gen cards into these and actually going to arcades to play the game. Maybe I'll give it to Joey once he is a little older and can semi take care of cards.
 
Here’s a good sampling of what else was in the brick: 
 
Lastly, as he’s done before, he included some HOFers for Joey’s binder! That Hank Aaron is one of my favorite cards in Joey’s collection. 
Kenny, sorry this post got lost in outer space. This was an epic package, and I thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, the email I got from you after the cards arrived was good enough man. No need to apologize for unblogged packages ;).
    Glad you liked the cards though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I hadn't sent you an Eck for the HOF binder.

    ReplyDelete