Sunday, October 25, 2015

Hensley Ford - not a car dealership

I scanned these two cards at the same time. I then saved the images and noticed "Hensley Ford." I laughed, thinking it sounded like a car dealership.

Hey, come on down to Hensley Ford and pick up a 2016 Taurus, or drive home in a brand new F150. Cars are flying off the lot, and there's never been a better time to...

Ok, you get it.
So here's the Whitey Ford, a 1958 Topps beauty. Its actually crease-free other than very fuzzy bottom corners. When I got the eBay email that I won it for $3.95, I though "oh shit, what did I do?" figuring with shipping it would be close to $7, which is way more than I like spending on a card. Well, it was free shipping, which is probably why I bid, so I came away with this guy for under 4 bucks. I win.
 
The second card is a Ty Hensley card I've seen a lot, but never snagged. I made a "best offer" for it and the seller accepted, so I'm proud to say it's my 66th unique Hensley card.

That's all I got for ya today. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

1 comment: