Saturday, October 10, 2015

See you never, Redemption

Back in the spring, I redeemed this on Topps' super modern looking redemption website:
Now, I already have a Ty Hensley 2014 Bowman Red Ice Auto redemption that is outstanding with Topps and has been for over a year. Not happening, I know. The Hensley/Montgomery is from 2013 Bowman Sterling.

So my chances are slim, right?

But here's the thing. The card exists in Bowman Platinum! It's been on ebay! Look:
So where is the Bowman Sterling one if Platinum exists? Did Topps run out of stickers? The set seems to be all stickers, so what gives?

Topps doesn't have answers and keeps offering me a replacement. Nope, sorry, guys. Give me my card.

4 comments:

  1. I hope things work out for you. But this is the exact same reason I don't bother with redemptions anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer. Reason #15 for redemption cards sucking big time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did they actually offer something different? I received two replacements in the mail, whether I wanted them or not. No notice, no options, just two random cards sent as replacements for others. I called Topps CS and they were no help. I kept bugging them by email and eventually got ignored. I stopped short of sending the replacements back with a nasty letter from an attorney (my brother, he loves to write those sorts of letters).

    If you can negotiate some sort of replacement that you'd actually like, do it. Otherwise you'll get whatever junk they have sitting around. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I called, they offer me a replacement, but do not negotiate. Otherwise, I think they give it three years and then send you a replacement, case closed.

      Delete