Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Jersey swatches from France

Last week, I was pleasantly surprised to see an international package arrive in my mailbox. Kevin from The Card Papoy was kind enough to send me a return package for a few cards I sent him earlier this spring.

The package and postage look so much different than what I'm used to, which makes it feel very exotic and special. Oh, what it must've seen on it's way to me!

Kevin was kind enough to send two cards featuring jersey swatches, both from 2002, and both featuring Jason Giambi.
Giambi joined the Yankees in '02, so both of these jersey pieces were of him with the A's. The gray one was a good choice for the dual-relic with Bernie, as it feels like a Yankees away jersey. It might have looked odd if a green one, like the card below, was included on there.
And man, Giambi was a monster his first year in pinstripes: .313/.435/.598 with 41 HRs and 122 RBIs. That was good for a 7.1 WAR. And that was considered a worse year than his previous two.
I very much appreciated this Stadium Club Gary Sanchez RC, which I didn't have. It's a little odd to see Stadium Club use a studio shot, although I guess they didn't have much to choose from for Sanchez. I expect a cooler shot in 2017.

Here are a few more cards I especially liked.
Thanks so much for the package, Kevin!

2 comments:

  1. He's a cool Frenchman! I like the Lineage best, a great release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're very welcome, and it's not everyday that I feel exotic !

    ReplyDelete